Sunday, July 15, 2012

July 15, 2012: Lizards

Lizards or Geckos seem to really enjoy living in our yard. We have many scurrying about. I find these creatures fascinating. Some of them are very shy and others seem to watch me while I photograph them, tilting their head. And there are some lizards in our yard that serenade us with a lovely chirping sound.

I see various sizes and colors. They like to hang out on this fence.
of course you can click on the photo for more detail if you wish.

I see you!

Do you see me?

We have a bird and squirrel feeder attached to a large live oak tree in the back yard. 

Today I found a lizard hanging out there, right on the feeder! 

He is enlarging a fold of skin under his throat called a dewlap so he will look larger.

Since I was so focused on the lizard, the camera did interesting things with 
the light through the trees in the background. I like what happened. 

Two different lizards sunning themselves on the other side of the same tree. 
we are not in short supply! 

Few men during their lifetime come anywhere near exhausting the resources dwelling within them. There are deep wells of strength that are never used.
  ~ Richard E. Byrd



No comments: